- New concept store inaugurated on July 23rd, at Haneda Airport Terminal 3, departures area, in Japan.
- The store experience is around the idea that:
- people will live unforgettable moments during their customer journey
- they will be treated to pre-flight beauty experiences suitable for, before embarking to another journey
- This concept store is divided in 3 zones; the Personal Beauty Zone (featuring My Beauty Lounge), the Discovery Zone (featuring the Ultimune Gate, the Beauty Table & My Select Wall) and the Gift Zone (featuring Furoshiki wrapping design)
- The brand wants to:
- engage more in brand loyalty
- celebrate Shiseido core values with a distinctive Japanese offer & services, and as well as the sense of being implemented in an airport
- commit to digitalization, personalization and exclusivity
EXCLUSIVE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
POST-COVID SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE
- Brand commitment to high levels of hygiene
- Brand commitment to digital experiences & contactless device in a post-covid pandemic period
“With digital interactive tools and contactless testers, travelers can be assured of high hygiene standards and shop with a peace of mind. We invite them to make the boutique a must-visit stop on their journey.”, said Tatsuya Nagai, Shiseido Travel Retail Japan Vice President.
- Center of the store stage dedicated to Ultimune, one of the brand symbols & main successes, with over 200 awards. Last release Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate III put forward through numerous and crossed lines embodying the skin revitalization and dynamism.
- With the pandemic crisis, customers are more looking out for skincare. A global survey carried out by Shiseido, showed that the majority of the customers think blood circulation will enhance the skin. With its new product, Shiseido timely responded to consumers’ ever-evolving skincare needs.
- Promotion of a unique product experience introducing a limited set products and services, with contactless auto tester devices, in the pandemic period.
TRAVEL RETAIL SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE
- Concept of “Enjoy the journey with skin”, aiming to convey the world view of the brand to domestic customers who travel abroad and overseas customers who travel to Japan and leave them with good memories of their journey
- New consumer experiences & high quality services in a luxurious pre-flight environment, available only at Haneda Airport
Travel Exclusive products
My Select Wall
- ‘My Select Wall’ is the boutique’s most prominent area. It showcases an extensive line of core Shiseido products, travel exclusives and promotional items.
Travel Retail exclusive gift sets
- ‘Furoshiki’ designs original wrapping style– Furoshiki is a traditional Japanese gift-wrapping method. The packaging combines an original Shiseido arabesque pattern with an airport-like airplane motif.
- This is meant to convey the value of “wrapping important things” unique to Japan, and propose a culture of Japanese souvenirs and hospitality that can only be obtained here (sense of place, inspired by Shiseido’s ‘omotenashi’ principles)
- Other designs are also available exclusively at the boutique.
Travel Retail services
My Beauty Lounge
- First ‘My Beauty Lounge’ service in travel retail
- Quiet zone where customers can relax their makeup and prepare their skin and mind before flying with pre-flight skincare routines
- Shiseido’s goal is to capture the unique needs of being in an airport, “I want to remove makeup before flight,” and use Shiseido products to provide a private space where customers can slowly remove makeup and take care of their skins.